This website is your destination for all things concerning youth baseball for players thatlive within the Canon-McMillan School District. CMYBA is a 100% volunteer organization that has been in existence since 1952, offering a supervised recreational baseball program for ages 4-16 with optional All-Star and Travel Baseball programs for players that participate in our recreational baseball program for ages 8-14.
Pony World Series Team Tryout Registration Now Open
2019 PONY World Series Team Tryout Registration
Registration is now open to 14 year old (as of 8-31-2019) CMYBA Pony Players who played in the 2017, 2018 & 2019 Spring Seasons at the Bronco and Pony levels for CMYBA. Age determination date for the Pony World Series team is August 31st
1. All 14 yr old Canon Mac Rec players who have also played Canon Mac Spring Rec Baseball as a 12, 13 and 14 yr old are eligible to tryout for the Pony World Series team.
2. You must have attended at least 85% of your Spring Rec games. The Board can waive that if the player missed due to injury, illness or special circumstance.
3. You must have attended 100% of your Spring Rec Playoff games. The Board can waive that if the player missed due to injury, illness or special circumstance.
4. Depending on the numbers there may be a second team that will be sanctioned. This team will get to play an International team and play in the same tournaments as the other team. The only difference being that the first team gets an automatic bid to the Pony League World Series and the second team gets entered into a qualifying tournament to have a chance to make it in.
5. Players and parents must be able to commit the time to the team. This is an approximately six week venture, with potential daily practices and tournaments on every weekend.
6. Fundraising. As a team, parents must raise money to fund the team. This is done through sponsorships and various other fundraising ideas.
7. Players must fill out a Pony World Series registration online.
8. By registering Canon Mac and Washington Baseball will hold a tryout for the World Series team. The top 15 will make the Automatic bid team. The second 15 players will be on the next sanctioned team.
9. An independent head coach from outside both organizations has been selected to run the Pony World Series team.
10. Players must attend all tryout dates tentatively scheduled for June 17th, 18th and 19th location and times yet to be determined. Weather could change the dates.
Click the yellow REGISTER NOW button on the website homepage or go to the REGISTRATIONS tab at the top of the page to register for the tryout.
Many have asked and now we have a place for you to purchase CMYBA and Canon Mac Blaze Spirit Wear!!! We’ve partnered with J&D Engraving in Canonsburg to bring our parents an easy online store to purchase many different items for both REC and Blaze!! You can click the red CMYBA SPIRIT WEAR button to the right on the homepage or click the link below to see the 70+ products available.
USA Baseball stamped bats with barrels of 2 5/8 inches or smaller will be required for all CMYBA Rec players at the Bronco level and below (12 year old and younger) starting in the 2019 Spring Baseball season. Bats without the USA Baseball stamp will no longer be allowed for play in CMYBA Rec Baseball.
Non-USA Baseball stamped Tee Ball bats are permitted at the Instructional & Shetland levels but must say TEE BALL on the bat.
No change this Spring for the Pony level but starting in the Fall of 2019 the Pony level will be USA Baseball stamped like every other level.
The one exception is the BBCOR -3 for all levels, this bat does not need the USA Baseball stamp.
2 3/4 inch BATS ARE PROHIBITED AT ALL LEVELS
ALL players must wear a helmet when inside the batting cages, no matter what age.
Helmets with full facemask are REQUIRED at the Instructional, Shetland and Pinto levels. No player shall be permitted to bat without a helmet with full facemask in a practice or a game.
Emergency vehicles need to have full access to the whole facility in case of an emergency. The “No Parking” signs are in place to insure the facility is fully accessible and so traffic can flow safely before and after games. Please pay attention to the signs, you don’t want to be the reason that prevents an ambulance from getting to someone that may be in need as quickly as possible. Please do not park in the red areas.